From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdemultimedia-arts-3.5.10 and the arts flag
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:04:52
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:37:28 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >> Well, if it would let me ditch it, I would ditch it. I guess it is KDE
6 >> that wants this thing so badly. I dunno.
9 > Nope, otherwise it wouldn't have a USE flag to make it optional. I ran
10 > KDE£ with -arts for years.
15 Just picking on this one since it is newer. ;-) I finally got through
16 the other stuff, with arts enabled since it griped about the change
17 before, and I am now disabling arts. I think it wanted it so badly
18 because I was doing a preserved-rebuild and other packages had it
19 enabled. I don't guess a -N option would take on that emerge.
20
21 I think I did this once before and my sound disappeared. Everything
22 went mute so I may be back. It may just be a setting in KDE or
23 something that needs changing. That was a while ago to. I barely
24 remember it. Then again, maybe it wasn't sooo long ago. What did I
25 have for breakfast today? ^_^
26
27 Dale
28