From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:50:32
1 On 08/02/2013 07:36 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 01:58:35PM +0200, hasufell wrote:
3 >
4 >> So we are pretty open to new contributors.
5 >
6 > Nice conclusion!
9 Yes. We offer manys way to collaborate and the only real requirement is
10 that people are able to read documentation and improve their knowledge.
11
12 You can:
13 * look for bugs and file them against packages
14 * work on ebuilds that are not already in the tree and attach them
15 to bug reports
16 * alternatively contribute to the official user overlay sunrise, either
17 in IRC, or on github/bitbucket mirrors
18 * alternatively contribute directly to some herd overlays such as
19 "science" or "haskell" (both hosted on github)
20 * help out people with ebuild writing in #gentoo-dev-help,
21 #gentoo-sunrise or just help users in #gentoo or on gentoo-user ML
22 figuring out their daily gentoo problems
23 * make techincal/political suggestions on the appropriate mailing lists
24 * write a GLEP (everyone can)
25 * find a mentor and become a gentoo developer
26
27 Everyone can improve gentoo, just do it.