From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE Panel Mouse Problem
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 11:10:17
1 Hi,
2
3 For the last three versions of plasma including latest 5.18 I am having
4 a problem with panels. If I put autohide on and place the mouse on edge
5 of the screen to get the panel to show my mouse (pointer) jumps to
6 another part of the screen. It jumps out of the panel which hides again.
7
8 This has been happening for the last 3 versions, I have created a new
9 user and still have the problem and cleaned up configs.
10
11 I have tried 3 different type of panels (app, default and empty) and in
12 4 places. It's even worse when placed on left or bottom as mouse
13 jumps to centre.
16 -------------------------------------------------------------------
17 | XXXXXXXXX |
18 | |
19 | |
20 | |
21 |X X |
22 |X X |
23 |X X |
24 |X X |
25 |X X |
26 | X |
27 | |
28 | |
29 |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
31 Figure 1. Screenshot of panel placements.
32
33 When the panel is not on autohide there is no mouse jump
34
35 Any ideas.
36
37 John