From: Nevynxxx <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rsync Failing with no route to host, when there is...
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:51:42
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Is the rsync server you are connecting to actually running an rsync
3 > daemon? Should be port 873.
4 >
5 > Hum, on second thought, host 204.74.99.100 resolves to
6 > crs.ultradns.net which is a redirection service from UltraDNS. This
7 > really suggests that the server you are trying to sync to is no-longer
8 > in the rotation?
9 >
10 > W
11 >
12 Ah, looks like my mistake. I typed the sync line when I changed it to
13 the main rotation, and missed the "rsync." from before gentoo org.
14
15 Mirrorselect give me the proper list, and it now appears to be working
16 as it should.
17
18 Thanks anyway Willie!
19