From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't understand an emerge error. Help, please!
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 01:04:22
1 On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:18:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I might add, he has the -p option in there. It's not going to *do*
4 > anything but show if it will work or not. Then a person can adjust the
5 > USE settings the correct way and remove the -p option or add -a. I do
6 > the later myself.
9 I hadn't noticed the -p, but what will it show? It certainly won't show
10 whether setting that USE flag globally will correct the error message, as
11 the pretend emerge is for one package, and not the one causing the
12 problem. You'd need to emerge -p world for that, and setting USE flags on
13 the command line for that is even worse.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.