From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Will ARM take over the world?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:42:32
1 On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:55:53PM +0000, James wrote:
2 > Bruce Hill <daddy <at> happypenguincomputers.com> writes:
5 > > Wish my Samsung Galaxy S could have it's piece of crap Android system replaced
6 > > by arm-linux -- if not it will drive me back to an iPhone.
7 >
8 > Your problem defined:
9 >
10 > http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05/03/yep-its-pretty-likely-the-galaxy-s-iii-wont-have-a-quad-core-processor-in-the-us/
11 >
12 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exynos_(system_on_chip)
13 >
14 > Dev board:
15 >
16 > http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/26/samsung-launches-arndale-community-board/
17 >
18 > Now go find embedded (gentoo?) Linux developers that have or are working
19 > on a port to the Arm15.
20 >
21 > On this page:
22 > http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/
23 >
24 > Look at entry: 3825
25 >
26 > All you really got to do is buy a dev board and give it to either
27 > Armin76 or Vapier; they'll get embedded gentoo on that puppy and
28 > figure out how to hack your Galaxy S-III. It's on my todo list.
29 >
30 > http://armin762.wordpress.com/
31 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/
32 >
33 > gentoo.embedded is your friend!
34 >
35 > Good hunting. post back and I'll get a dev board too!
36
37 Too busy with RL atm, but afaict that doesn't apply to my Samsung Galaxy S.
38
39 Notice, just S ... nothing afterwards.
40 --
41 Happy Penguin Computers >')
42 126 Fenco Drive ( \
43 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^