From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage tree from git
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:44:54
1 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 06:23:03PM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 >
3 > It has been discussed on gentoo-dev some months ago. Some people were
4 > afraid that git would use too many file stats on every operation to be
5 > usable (performance-wise). I don't know the outcome of that discussion.
6 > Part of it probably took place on IRC. Maybe someone more interested
7 > than me can read it up and summarize?
8
9 AFAIK, this work is still in progress.
12 Nicolas Sebrecht