From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changed motherboard, no AHCI
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:23:04
1 Am Freitag, 20. April 2012, 05:25:58 schrieb Philip Webb:
2 > My motherboard went on the blink earlier this week.
3 > I've now successfully installed a new one,
4 > but now can't get the kernel to find the SATA hard disk ("803 etc").
5 >
6 > The problem seems to be that the kernel has AHCI enabled,
7 > which was necessary for the old mobo,
8 > but the new one's BIOS doesn't have an option to select AHCI.
9
10 seriously? or did you just look at the wrong place. Because AHCI is a must
11 have. Not a maybe or could be there.
12
13 If your mobo i does have vista/win7 certification, it does support AHCI. Or is
14 so horribly broken you should RMA ASAP.
17 #163933