From: Vaclav Vanc <vancv@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt3 and Qt3support
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:25:47
1 2008/1/26, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>:
2 > What actually does the qt3support USE flag do on the qt4 ebuild? Does
3 > it enable some sort of compatibility library for qt3? For example, I
4 > want djvu with the djview viewer built, which requires the qt3 flag
5 > set for the djvu ebuild. Currently I have both qt3 and qt4 installed
6 > on my system. Does the qt3support flag allow me to keep only qt4 on my
7 > box, when some applications depend on the qt3 libraries?
8 >
9 > Thanks
10
11 Yes, the Qt3Support provides classes that ease porting an application
12 from Qt 3 to Qt 4.
13 So some apps will work with QT4 with this, but some apps may still want QT3...
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list