From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WiFi on old Thinkpad
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 18:18:29
1 On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:21:59 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > What does the team think is the best way to get WiFi going? Is
4 > wpa-supplicant a good idea? That's what the handbook recommends, but I
5 > think I remember something like wicd being better.
6
7 Last time I looked, wicd was dead with the author recommending
8 NetworkManager, hardly ideal for old hardware. I'd probably stick with
9 using wpa_supplicant directly, but you could try connman.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Oxymoron: Clearly Misunderstood.