From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No 'libs' in world file?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:23:24
1 On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:19:15 -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
2
3 > Just my 2 cents: AFAIK, only if you are developing a new software that
4 > requires a specific library (or some of them, like "opencv", for
5 > example, which might not have yet been pulled by any other package) ,
6 > then, and only then, you might add them to "world". Then, when your
7 > software is ready, please ( ;-) ) create a package for distributing
8 > your work, with those libraries as dependencies, and remove them from
9 > "world", as they will be pulled in by such package.
10
11 This also applies if you need to install anything from outside of
12 portage. I deal with that by having a separate set calls deps that
13 includes all such dependencies, and comments showing what needs them. I
14 find this easier to manage than just bunging it all in one file and
15 assuming I will remember what was for what in six month's time.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?