From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jbd2 keeps spinning my disk up
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:41:54
1 Am 31.07.2011 17:50, schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > My little Atom box's hard disk spins up every minute or so, and watching
5 > iotop I see it's jbd2 that does it.
6 >
7 > This is a kernel component, and the menuconfig help text says it's set
8 > automatically by having the block layer included (and who hasn't?) together
9 > with ext4.
10 >
11 > Google shows that others have similar problems.
12 >
13 > Before I re-create all the partitions as reiserfs - and remove ext4 from the
14 > kernel - does anyone have a lighter solution?
17 Does laptop-mode help?
18 app-laptop/laptop-mode-tools
19
20 Regards,