From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.0
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:17:47
1 On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 08:11:05 AM Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 18:50:41 Dale wrote:
4 > >
5 > > --->8
6 > >
7 > >> I synced again and was hoping I either caught the tree in the middle of
8 > >> some change over with the last sync or whatever it is would have a fix
9 > >> by now. Well, still the same error as before.
10 > >>
11 > >> Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this? Any tricks that I could
12 > >> try? Could this be a bug that I need to report? I've tried skipfirst
13 > >> and such but it seems to be a hard stop on this package.
14 > >
15 > > After googling for one of those linker errors, it looks to me like a bug
16 > > in
17 > > the order in which libraries are being called to be linked in. I'm no
18 > > coder
19 > > any more though (that was 40 years ago).
20 > >
21 > > HTH. HaND. :)
22 >
23 > I been considering a roach report but I hate to since I seem to be the
24 > only one running into it. I've synced a couple times since it started
25 > so whatever it is, it seems to be sticking around.
26 >
27 > I've done some googling but the only thing I find now, this thread. I
28 > did try to google some other ways but still found nothing helpful, as in
29 > a solution.
30 >
31 > I'll give it another day or two and if after another sync the problem
32 > remains, I'll file a roach report.
33
34 I have my system automatically update nightly, and check the build results in
35 the morning. If there's a persistent build error for a couple days, I file a
36 bug report. That's my threshold, anyway.
39 :wq