From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemRescueCD with nonm
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 16:43:15
1 That wold be very nice to know, frankly i've been pulling network cables during installs for a long time, for one your' booting an unpatched version of the os so you are vulnerable and I'm on fiber which means I'm wearing a big bullseye for potential intruders.
2
3 "We the People Dare to Create a More Perfect Union" <aclu.org>
7 Dec 30, 2018, 2:30 AM by peter@××××××××××××.uk:
8
9 > Hello list,
10 >
11 > I've been trying to boot this CD without NetworkManager starting. The docs say
12 > to specify "nonm" on the boot command line, but it has no effect. Has anyone
13 > else found this?
14 >
15 > They don't tell us where to report bugs, except in beta versions, and they
16 > don't tell us how to register an account for the forums, so I can't get in
17 > touch with them. Google doesn't help.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Regards,
21 > Peter.