From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A How-to to keep Python on top of its game?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 14:32:11
1 Should have gone to the list, went to Dale directly
2
3 On 19/10/20 11:20 pm, Dale wrote:
4 > Andrew Lowe wrote:
5 >> Hi all, I've just run emerge --pretend --depclean and it wants to
6 >> remove Python 3.6 - all good. But in turn it is leaving 2.7, 3.7,
7 >> 3.8, 3.9.
8
9 [snip]
10
11 > Given some more time, I think 3.6 may go away at some point in the
12 > not so distant future. There may even be a somewhat firm target date
13 > for it. I think either the date was on -dev or a link to it one.
14 >
15 > May have to give it more time yet.
16 >
17 > Dale
22 Apologies for not replying sooner. I had a sneaking suspicion this would
23 be the case. Well, I'll just have to put up with it until "the day" when
24 the higher ups get things sorts.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Andrew