From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads Up - sys-apps/net-tools-1.60_p20120127084908 might break your system -- openvpn still fails
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:22:40
1 On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:48:08 -0700, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > This appears to help with eth0 etc, but my openvpn fails with
4 >
5 > Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program
6 >
7 > Leaving the sbin symlink in place fixes this.
8 >
9 > I didn't see any gentoo bugs for this -- I can create a new one, but
10 > is there another one related to the symlink that I should add this
11 > note to?
12
13 There is a bug, the "fix" is to re-emerge openvpn. Apparently openvpn
14 has hardcoded paths for ifconfig and friends, which are set when it is
15 compiled, based on the locations at the time. Re-emerging builds it with
16 the new locations.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Kludge: (v., adj., or n.) to fix a program in the usual way.