From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo as a baseline to build a secure server OS ...
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 03:14:10
1 On Nov 16, 2007 9:18 PM, Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > ~
5 > I wonder if this is more of a gentoo-security, gentoo-catalyst or
6 > gentoo-hardened question, but I am trying to use gentoo as a baseline
7 > to build a secure server OS (including SELinux, ...) and burn it as a
8 > CD.
9 > ~
10 > Could you give me some directions about how to achieve this?
11 > ~
12 > Thank you
13 > lbrtchx
14 > --
15 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
18 I've never built a cd with gentoo-catalyst, but I have setup Gentoo with the
19 hardened kernel, in addition to pax/gresecurity. Judging by the gentoo-wiki
20 guide on catalyst [1], first setup the system the way you want the
21 catalyst-made cd to be like (try the SELinux guide [2]), then use catalyst
22 to make it. By the way, at the bottom of the SELinux guide [2] are other
23 links of interest.
24
25 [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD
26 [2] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_SELinux