From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: packages going stable after sources become unavailable
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2019 16:21:42
1 On 2019-09-08, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> This seems to happen regularly with Imagemagick. Version 7.0.8.60
5 >> just went stable today, yet it can't be built because version 7.0.8.60
6 >> sources can no longer be downloaded.
7 >>
8 >> Am I doing something wrong?
9 >>
10 >> Shouldn't there be a requirement that an ebuild actually be
11 >> _buildable_ from scratch when it goes stable?
14 > Do you have a working Gentoo distfile mirror in your make.conf?
15
16 Doh! Apparently, both of the mirrors I have configured are broken:
17
18 GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://lug.mtu.edu/gentoo/ http://cosmos.illinois.edu/pub/gentoo/"
19
20 The first one is out-of-date and doesn't contain the the last few
21 versions of ImageMagick. The second is just plain AWOL.
22
23 I've updated make.conf with a couple mirrors that I've manually
24 verified, and now my update is building as expected. I guess I need
25 to add verifying mirrors are present and correct to the list of normal
26 maintainence activities.
29 Grant