From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:03:38
1 On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I noticed eudev has hit the tree. Has anyone used it yet? If so, any
5 > issues? Did you just uninstall udev and install eudev in one step or
6 > some other way?
7 >
8 > I'm thinking of switching and getting rid of the init thingy but curious
9 > as to what others may have ran into.
10 >
11 > Thanks much.
12 >
13 > Dale
16 Even if someone has, and clearly _someone_ out there has or it likely
17 wouldn't even be visible yet, but even if 10 or 20 people have, and
18 even if all of their results are fine because they are high skill set
19 folks, why would that change how you are running your machines?
20
21 I suspect this is about your (and my) dislike for dealing with initrd
22 on a box at home. Gentoo doesn't make it at all easy so we're in that
23 together. However so what if someone has used it? Let it get used for
24 6 months. Let it go stable. Why bother with a piece of software that
25 won't really improve your life now that you do have your 'init
26 thingy'?
27
28 Just my view,
29 Mark