From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with kmail
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:50:53
1 Ernie, are you doing anything special here? I'm running KDE and simply went into the accounts and set up my pop server (mail.bellsouth.net) and it works. Same for T-bird. BTW, look at Korn for a newsreader .
4 > From: schroder@×××××.net
5 > Date: 2006/01/02 Mon PM 05:22:55 EST
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with kmail
8 >
9 > On Monday 02 January 2006 11:53, a tiny voice compelled Rumen Yotov to write:
10 >
11 > > Hi,
12 > > Not very much help, but it seems you're using a postfix server to process
13 > > to mail.
14 >
15 > I've got no idea how to set up postfix. If I'm going to use it, I'll need a
16 > howto or some pointers. I only installed postfix to try to get kmail working.
17 > In order to run kmail or thunderbird, what MTA should I be using? I obviously
18 > blew off something when I did a depclean and I'm lost at this point as to what
19 > I need to get email sending working again.I have a mepis CD here. I'm thinking
20 > I should boot to that and see what I can figure out. does anyone have
21 > suggestions as to what I should be looking for?
22 >
23 > I've looked at qmail, it seems postfix blocks it. I suppose I won't be any worse
24 > off without postfix. I'll read up on qmail and see if it will serve my purpose
25 > for the short term, but I REALLY want to get kmail working. I'm becomming
26 > obsessed, perturbed and frustrated.
27 > --
28 > Regards, Ernie
29 > 100% Microsoft and Intel free
30 > --