From: nelsonsteves@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Biggest Fake Conference in Computer Science
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:19:35
1 We are researchers from different parts of the world and conducted a study on
2 the world’s biggest bogus computer science conference WORLDCOMP
3 ( http://sites.google.com/site/worlddump1 ) organized by Prof. Hamid Arabnia
4 from University of Georgia, USA.
7 We submitted a fake paper to WORLDCOMP 2011 and again (the
8 same paper with a modified title) to WORLDCOMP 2012. This paper
9 had numerous fundamental mistakes. Sample statements from
10 that paper include:
11
12 (1). Binary logic is fuzzy logic and vice versa
13 (2). Pascal developed fuzzy logic
14 (3). Object oriented languages do not exhibit any polymorphism or inheritance
15 (4). TCP and IP are synonyms and are part of OSI model
16 (5). Distributed systems deal with only one computer
17 (6). Laptop is an example for a super computer
18 (7). Operating system is an example for computer hardware
21 Also, our paper did not express any conceptual meaning. However, it
22 was accepted both the times without any modifications (and without
23 any reviews) and we were invited to submit the final paper and a
24 payment of $500+ fee to present the paper. We decided to use the
25 fee for better purposes than making Prof. Hamid Arabnia (Chairman
26 of WORLDCOMP) rich. After that, we received few reminders from
27 WORLDCOMP to pay the fee but we never responded.
30 We MUST say that you should look at the above website if you have any thoughts
31 to submit a paper to WORLDCOMP. DBLP and other indexing agencies
32 have stopped indexing WORLDCOMP’s proceedings since 2011 due to its fakeness.
33 See http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/conf/icai/index.html for of one of the
34 conferences of WORLDCOMP and notice that there is no listing after 2010. See
35 http://sites.google.com/site/dumpconf for comments from well-known researchers
36 about WORLDCOMP. If WORLDCOMP is not fake then why did DBLP suddenly stopped
37 listing the proceedings after?
40 The status of your WORLDCOMP papers can be changed from “scientific”
41 to “other” (i.e., junk or non-technical) at any time. See the comments
42 http://www.mail-archive.com/tccc@×××××××××××××××××.edu/msg05168.html
43 of a respected researcher on this. Better not to have a paper than
44 having it in WORLDCOMP and spoil the resume and peace of mind forever!
47 Our study revealed that WORLDCOMP is a money making business,
48 using University of Georgia mask, for Prof. Hamid Arabnia. He is throwing
49 out a small chunk of that money (around 20 dollars per paper published
50 in WORLDCOMP’s proceedings) to his puppet (Mr. Ashu Solo or A.M.G. Solo)
51 who publicizes WORLDCOMP and also defends it at various forums, using
52 fake/anonymous names. The puppet uses fake names and defames other conferences
53 to divert traffic to WORLDCOMP. He also makes anonymous phone calls and
54 threatens the critiques of WORLDCOMP (see Item 7 in Section 5 of
55 http://sites.google.com/site/dumpconf ).That is, the puppet does all
56 his best to get a maximum number of papers published at WORLDCOMP to
57 get more money into his (and Prof. Hamid Arabnia’s) pockets.
60 Monte Carlo Resort (the venue of WORLDCOMP until 2012) has refused to
61 provide the venue for WORLDCOMP’13 because of the fears of their image
62 being tarnished due to WORLDCOMP’s fraudulent activities. WORLDCOMP’13
63 will be held at a different resort.
66 WORLDCOMP will not be held after 2013.
69 The paper submission deadline for WORLDCOMP’13 was March 18 and it was
70 extended to April 6 and now it is extended to April 20 (it may be extended
71 again) but still there are no committee members, no reviewers, and there is no
72 conference Chairman. The only contact details available on WORLDCOMP’s
73 website is just an email address! Prof. Hamid Arabnia expends the deadline
74 to get more papers (means, more registration fee into his pocket!).
77 Let us make a direct request to Prof. Hamid arabnia: publish all reviews for
78 all the papers (after blocking identifiable details) since 2000 conference.
79 Reveal the names and affiliations of all the reviewers (for each year)
80 and how many papers each reviewer had reviewed on average. We also request
81 him to look at the Open Challenge at https://sites.google.com/site/moneycomp1
84 Sorry for posting to multiple lists. Spreading the word is the only way to stop
85 this bogus conference. Please forward this message to other mailing lists and people.
88 We are shocked with Prof. Hamid Arabnia and his puppet’s activities
89 http://worldcomp-fake-bogus.blogspot.com Search Google using the
90 keyword worldcomp fake for additional links.