From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to know when a package is due to go stable?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:05:37
1 On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:11:20 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > > If it's not is world, or a dependency of a world package, it's not
4 > > needed and --depclean will catch it.
5 >
6 > No, it will not :P Don't ask me why, because I don't know. I only
7 > know from experience that --depclean does not catch some packages that
8 > get updated with "emerge -1u `qlist -IC`" (and don't get updated with
9 > "emerge -uD world system").
10
11 Possibly build time dependencies, which aren't updated unless you use
12 --with-bdeps y.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 There's too much blood in my caffeine system.