From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-misc/rinetd
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 03:01:33
1 On Saturday 25 March 2006 20:33, JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] net-misc/rinetd':
3 > I just found ~* in man portage:
4 >
5 > package.keywords
6 > Per-package KEYWORDS. Useful for mixing unstable packages in
7 > with a normally stable machine or vice versa. This will
8 > allow you to augment ACCEPT_KEYWORDS for a single package.
9 > Note: There are two special KEYWORDS to help out here:
10 > * Match any stable KEYWORD
11 > ~* Match any unstable KEYWORD
12
13 Sweet. I'll file that away for use later.
14
15 Sorry I accused you of not using a valid keyword. *eats crow* Perhaps *I*
16 need to read the manpages more.
19 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
20 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
21 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
22 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh