From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Framebuffer and kenerl options
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:55:06
1 Did you select framebuffer support - there needs to be a * beside it before you see the rest. If that doesn't work set the see experimental items flag in the general setup.
4 > From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
5 > Date: 2005/12/08 Thu PM 11:07:39 EST
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Framebuffer and kenerl options
8 >
9 > "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net> writes:
10 >
11 > > It's under device drivers->graphic support. You select Support for
12 > > framebuffer. Select it and you get a VESA VGA graphics support
13 > > option in the list which has a sub item with VESA driver type ....
14 > > Hit enter there and you can select vesa or vesafb-tng.
15 >
16 > I'm not seeing that here.
17 > device drivers->graphic support YES
18 > Select Framebuffer support YES
19 >
20 > I don't see any options like what you mention appearing in this list
21 > anywhere. No VESA VGA Graphics support
22 >
23 > I see Console Display Driver Support --->
24 > and then:
25 > Frame Buffer Console Support.
26 >
27 > Never any mention of VESA or Vesafb-tng
28 >
29 > There is no mention of it in .config either. Not even disabled or
30 > off.
31 >
32 > This is kernel-2.6.14-r4
33 >