From: Xav' <blackhawk@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excessive processor usage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:43:31
1 Abraham Marín Pérez a écrit :
2 > sean escribió:
3 >> There seems to be a lot of excessive processor usage and I am trying
4 >> to track down why.
5 >>
6 >> Is anyone able to recommend the best way to track down what is causing
7 >> the excess processor usage?
8 >>
9 >> I have not noticed anything using top.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks
12 >> Sean
13 >>
14 > If top doesn't show up anything only two things come to my mind:
15 >
16 > 1) There's no excess processor usage
17 > 2) Someone compromised your system and maybe added an application that
18 > is using you cpu, but also changed top so it doesn't show this new
19 > application (might seem paranoid, but I've seen it before).
20 >
21 > Abraham
22 >
23 If you want to check there is no such program on your system, I advice you to
24 try chkrootkit, to check there is no such rootkit on your system...
25
26 Regards,
27 Xavier Parizet
30 http://www.linuxant.fr