From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to Fix Extraoardinarily Loud Alsa?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 15:41:11
1 On 2016-11-01 09:55, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2
3 > I finally got the base install of Gentoo done, but I've come across a
4 > really interesting probleing. After installing Alsa and enabling its
5 > daemon
6
7 ?
8
9 alsa itself doesn't need any daemon, it is a kernel API mediated by a
10 library (libasound). Do you mean pulseaudio or something?
11
12 > Unfortunately, this give the side effect that ALSA is
13 > extremely loud (I would guess top volume), and none of the sliders
14
15 ?
16
17 What sliders? You seem to be talking about some GUI program to control
18 alsa, not about alsa itself.
21 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
22 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
23 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html