From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Some fonts missing?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 14:36:24
1 On 2013-01-02, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am not able to see the characters in certain emoji like flip table,
6 > etc. It used to be visible earlier before I did a completely fresh install.
7 >
8 > Does anyone know which font to install?
9 >
10 > These are the fonts presently installed on my machine -
11 >
12 > media-fonts/corefonts
13 > media-fonts/freefont-ttf
14 > media-fonts/liberation-fonts
15 > media-fonts/lohit-fonts
16 > media-fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera
17 > media-fonts/ubuntu-font-family
18
19 *Where* are you trying to view these characters? I think the dejavu
20 fonts have wider UCS coverage than Bitstream Vera, so you may want to
21 try that. I doubt corefonts offer that much UCS coverage.
25 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
26 http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/