From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] imagemagick display image edit tool draws an opaque background
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 12:22:01
1 On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 09:00:38AM +0200, n952162 wrote:
2 > On 2020-08-31 23:52, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 10:02:34PM +0200, n952162 wrote:
4 > > > In all of the imagemagick display installations I have, when I use the
5 > > > image edit draw function, it includes an opaque background, rather than
6 > > > just the lines themselves.  I've never had this with display(1) before,
7 > > First you use draw, which is used in convert, and then you speak of display.
8 >
9 > Please see the attached menu capture for "Image Edit ..."
10 > […]
11 > If you left-click on the window, you get a menu that allows the full
12 > range of editing capabilities.
13
14 Ah, I forgot about that (never used it), sorry.
15
16 > > Drawing is done on a canvas. So unless you start with an existing image file
17 > > as a basis, IM needs to pick a default background colour, which in your case
18 > > seems to be black.
21 > Yes, the problem is, I AM using an existing image.  Usually, with IM's
22 > display(1), I could add lines and text to images but now, all of a
23 > sudden, it uses a bounding box around the new strokes, choosing a single
24 > random color from the background.
25
26 Hm… When I select Edit → Annotate → Background, I can select transparent.
27 Unfortunately, I’m currently not on Gentoo and couldn’t find out on the spot
28 how to get the compile options for my Arch-based ImageMagick.
31 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
32 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
33
34 “The mating dance is a courtship ritual. You do it to woo and win.
35 I wooed. I won. I’m done.” – Earl Sinclair (Dinosaurs Ep. 2)