From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No torrent upload
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:17:57
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:09:06 +0200
4 Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > In the past Tiscali (my ISP) did not stop file sharing, they just slowed it
7 > down to 10-12k.
8
9 Hm, OK. So the port doesn't really matter here... Your tcpdump excerpt
10 didn't show any incoming connection -- just as I expected.
11
12 > Yes, I am behind a router, NAT is activated, UPnP deactivated. That was no
13 > problem up to now...
14
15 Is there still a forwarding rule configured that routes incoming
16 traffic on port 21 to 192.168.1.2? Check if it works, e.g. using netcat:
17 $ nc -l -p 21
18 and in another terminal
19 $ nc <your external IP> 21
20 (if you really want to make shure, then do the latter step from a
21 different machine on the internet outside your LAN)
22 and see whether data is getting through (type some garbage and press
23 ENTER, then abort using CTRL-C).
24
25 -hwh
26 --