From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mysql USE flag error
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:47:31
1 Mick writes:
2
3 > Could it be that all this is caused by KDE-4.3 going stable? Perhaps I
4 > should now bite the bullet unmerge all my KDE-3.5 packages and start a
5 > mammoth emerge of KDE-4 ?
6
7 Uh, I am running KDE 4 for half a year now, but it still lacks stability. I
8 still like it, and I can live with that, and also had some problems with
9 KDE3, so I just jumped to the next version. But I can understand why people
10 are disappointed with it and stick to KDE3. So, emerging KDE4 probably is a
11 good idea, but unless you need to remove it, I would keep KDE3 for a while.
12 I have both, and no problems.
13
14 I think I have to do some bug reports now. I have a loong list of KDE4
15 problems I noted, and I hoped switching from 4.2 to 4.3 would solve many of
16 them, but actually not much did change. Well, at last konqueror's bookmark
17 editor is working now, this was annoying and made me wonder why such a bug
18 made it into a release.
19
20 Wonko