From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server performance
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:55:46
1 Am 30.04.2010 16:41, schrieb Florian Philipp:
2
3 > I just want to tell you that I experience similar problems with
4 > vmware-player.
5
6 Good to hear that ... in a way.
7
8 > I'm currently on kernel 2.6.32. The guest system is a
9 > Ubuntu with an Oracle Express database (used for a database lecture
10 > I'm taking).
11
12 I had those problems with 2.6.32 as well.
13 Should try to go back further for a check ...
14
15 > The system feels like it swaps out the complete host system when I
16 > switch to the guest system and vice versa although there is plenty
17 > of free memory. It is so bad that the system becomes completely
18 > unusable for more than 15 minutes. I didn't investigate it yet
19 > because I don't really need that guest OS.
20
21 Good for you ;-)
22
23 It's not THAT bad here, but the XP-guest takes a while to boot, yes.
24 Right now I simply don't shutdown the guest and hibernate-to-ram the
25 whole linux-box.
26
27 Thanks, Stefan