From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:31:17
1 On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 12:16 AM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > How do you feel about building Alsa as modules instead of building it into the kernel? When using modules you can blacklist other sound cards (the MB audio stuff for instance) and you get a little more visibility into what's is at least loaded. That way we could, at least as a test, run your setup as a USB only system. If at that point you can record mix audio in something like Audacity and play Audacity and Youtube through the Behringer then, I would think, we would have determined that this is an application issue.
9 Well, this is the current state of affairs:
10
11 --recording with "arecord -r 48 -fdat test.wav works
12 --playback "aplay test.wav" works
13 --playing a music file foo.wav with aplay works
14 --playing youtube doesn't work
15 --playing the same foo.wav file with audacious doesn't work: it
16 displays the message "ALSA error: snd_pcm_open failed: No such device"
17 (searching for that string in menuconfig returns nothing)
18
19 Thanks
20 Jorge
21
22 The settings:
23
24 $ cat .asoundrc
25 pcm.!default{
26 type hw
27 card CODEC
28 }
29 ctl.!default{
30 type hw
31 card CODEC
32 }
33 $ ls /proc/asound
34 card0
35 cards
36 CODEC
37 devices
38 hwdep
39 pcm
40 seq
41 timers
42 version
43
44 $ cat /proc/asound/cards
45 0 [CODEC ]: USB-Audio - USB Audio CODEC
46 Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC at
47 usb-0000:00:14.0-10, full speed
48
49 $ cat /proc/asound/devices
50 2: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
51 3: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
52 4: [ 0] : control
53 33: : timer
54
55 $ cat /proc/asound/hwdep
56
57 $ cat /proc/asound/pcm
58 00-00: USB Audio : USB Audio : playback 1 : capture 1
59
60 $ arecord -l
61 **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
62 card 0: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
63 Subdevices: 1/1
64 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
65
66 $ aplay -l
67 **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
68 card 0: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
69 Subdevices: 1/1
70 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
71
72 $ lsmod|grep snd
73 snd_usb_audio 221184 0
74 snd_usbmidi_lib 28672 1 snd_usb_audio
75 snd_hwdep 12288 1 snd_usb_audio
76 snd_pcm 98304 1 snd_usb_audio
77 snd_rawmidi 28672 1 snd_usbmidi_lib
78 snd_timer 28672 1 snd_pcm