From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv4 broken beyond repair
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 21:35:52
1 "thelma@×××××××××××.com" <thelma@×××××××××××.com>, 20.05.2021, 23:20:
2
3 > On 5/20/21 1:29 PM, tastytea wrote:
4 >> On 2021-05-20 11:20-0600 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
5
6 >>> It seems to me IPv4 is broken beyond repair.
7 >>> I'm trying to block spammers but they rewrite the source IP (that is not
8 >>> checked) so it is impossible to block them.
9
10 >> A good measure against non-targeted spam is a hidden input field with
11 >> the name “url”. If the bot put anything in that field, throw it out.
12 >> Simple math captchas (like “what is 2 + 3?”) work well too.
13 >> If the spam is targeted, you'll probably need a more advanced captcha
14 >> solution.
15
16 > Simple math captchas might work, but I have to find out how to implement it into current php e-mail form.
17
18 I have a feedback form collecting customer comments, where the customer
19 has to acknowledge that their data will be evaluated and published.
20 Motivated by the GDPR, so a meh effort on my part at best.
21
22 In the last twelve months _no_ form spambot has give me the permission
23 to publish their spam, so it goes straight to the great bit-composter
24 in my backyard.
25
26 Very satisfied :-)
27 s.