From: Daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound doesn't work in Flash
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:32:12
1 On September 5, 2007 03:12:18 pm Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > well then I think there may be hope for you, for this isn't likely to
3 > provide the best possible solution.
4 >
5 > have you tried starting firefox like 'aoss firefox' ?
6 > a hack, but googling aos & firefox together provide:
7 > http://www.mepis.org/node/13285
8 > http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-199289.html
9 > http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/gentoo-linux-help/57952-no-sound-firefox.h
10 >tml notice the last one is from a gentoo forum.
11
12 Interestingly enough, running "aos firefox" results in a "command not found"
13 error, and even more interestingly, /dev/dsp doesn't exist for me. I'm not
14 really sure how mplayer and amarok can work without it, but it does. Any
15 explanations from you thoughtful folks?
16
17 Given that I use alsa, is this likely the problem I'm having with no sound in
18 Flash?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list