From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network failed and weird error message
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 02:29:28
1 Update. I figure what the heck. Time to crawl under the desk for a
2 while. I stop the UPS services and then unplug the USB cable to the
3 UPS. The error stops. I plug the cable back up with the services NOT
4 started, no error but it spits out the messages that it sees the UPS and
5 such. I start the upsdrv service, here comes the errors again. I stop
6 the service, the error stops.
7
8 I then tried a older version of nut. Same error when I start the
9 service. So, if it is not trying to really manage anything other than
10 seeing the UPS as being connected, no error. As soon as it tries to do
11 something like talk to the UPS with the service, error messages.
12
13 Does this help any? I may try some other stuff but this is interesting
14 and getting more so when I find out more info.
15
16 Oh, I also tried a different USB port too. This one has a blue circle
17 around it on the cover. Must be USB3. ^_^
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!