From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 00:24:44
1 On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 05:31:45PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > > The 'default' profile selection does not stick. Deleting the new
4 > > 'dev-edition-default' profile causes it to be recreated afresh at the
5 > > next start up.
6 >
7 > Yes. This is the sort of developer attitude that is making me want to
8 > use a proper browser. What the heck does a browser need "prefiles" for,
9 > anyway? It's supposed to be a web browser, for goodness sake.
10
11 I don’t use it often, but having it is nice. Actually many contemporary
12 browsers do. I have my main profile that I usually use. But if I want to
13 visit some site that shall not have any way of obtaining information I don’t
14 want it to have (or because it just would not work with my restrictive
15 security setup), I quickly create a throwaway profile.
18 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
19 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
20
21 There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out over the
22 world it would completely cover the Sahara Desert.