From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wget with http proxy
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:05:26
1 On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Raffaele BELARDI
2 <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
3 > I'm setting up a dedicated firewall / http proxy-cache (Squid) for my
4 > home network, with user authentication in 'digest' mode. Works fine with
5 > browsers but sometimes emerge fails. Turns out that some downloads are
6 > done with wget and wget supports only 'basic' authentication with proxy
7 > servers. So now I see the following options:
8 >
9 > 1. use 'basic' authentication on the proxy, or
10 > 2. bypass the authentication for non-browser requests (e.g. using a
11 > 'browser' ACL element?), or
12 > 3. convince emerge to use a different http downloader that supports
13 > 'digest' authentication.
14 >
15 > I'll probably go with 1 or 2 but nevertheless is there any possibility
16 > to pursue 3?
17
18 man 5 make.conf, search for FETCHCOMMAND.
19
20 You could set it to use curl, which supports proxy digest.
21
22 Regards.
23 --
24 Canek Peláez Valdés