From: Marc Koschewski <marc@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Font rendering broken in GNOME and GTK2 apps ...
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:50:33
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm new to the list as I didn't have a reason to complain about Gentoo since I
4 use it. I was a frustrated Debian user before. :) But now a problem appeared I
5 didn't get fixed so far.
6
7 I did an emerge --sync and emerge world yesterday and since then my font
8 rendering is broken in GNOME (ok, just partly - means: ie. several menu items
9 not drawn, Mozilla bookmarks partly not drawn). Also Web pages in Mozilla are
10 not readable sometimes (actually as if the don't have text in them). Scrolling
11 a Web page with scrambled content make it appear correctly. Also does moving
12 the mouse over the menu fix the correct display of the items in case there are
13 some that are drawn incorrectly.
14
15 I reverted pango to 1.12.0 but no change. So i re-emerged pango to 1.12.1. I
16 reverted glib, no change, so I re-emerged.
17
18 Hope anyone has a clue (or better: a solution). The emerge before yesterday was
19 last Friday, FYI. No probs then.
20
21 Regards,
22 Marc