From: Edward <edwardmgibson01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system suddenly failed to boot.
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 08:03:36
1 On 2/17/2021 3:50 AM, gevisz wrote:
2 > I had problems with it from the very beginning in the sense that it is
3 > quite often doesn't see my SATA disks on the first boot (though, on the second
4 > reboot it usually finds them). It is also quite often that it stops booting
5 > the legacy operating system and automatically reboots before showing
6 > a login screen.
7 >
8 > I bought it somewhere in 2006 together with a Gigabyte S-series GA-MA69GM-S2H
9 > motherboard, which I have been intensively using every day since then and never
10 > had any problem.
11
12   If was giving problems from the start,  it probably just needs the
13 BIOS updated.
14   F4 BIOS may address this issue:
15
16 https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-MA69GM-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios