From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Updated boost to 1.42 + encfs 1.7, killed encfs volume
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 00:51:48
1 Some package on your machine is still linked against 1.42, though I can't
2 tell
3
4 > you which one. Since you just rebuilt encfs, that isn't the guilty one.
5 >
6 > IMO the quickest way to find the package that needs rebuilding is:to move
7 > or
8 > rename libboost_serialization-mt-1_42.so.1.42.0, and then run ldd again and
9 > see who complains. Then rebuild the package that contains the complainer.
12 That ldd output is showing that encfs needs it. I need to find how to build
13 encfs to ignore the 42 library. I guess i could quickpkg 1.42, unmerge it,
14 then rebuild encfs, and reinstall the pkg for boost. I'll try that.