From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I suppress the bleep when shutting down?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:29:42
1 On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:23:46 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > "Modern" UEFI firmware not reporting such errors, if such be the case,
4 > would be one of the reasons for me to depise UEFI as I do.
5
6 I can't see that being true.
7
8 > Why do I
9 > need UEFI? A traditional BIOS can boot my machine just fine, and the
10 > sole purpose of UEFI seems to be to prevent OS's which aren't Microsoft
11 > Windows from booting, and to brick certain Samsung laptops.
12
13 You seem to be confusing UEFI with Secure Boot.
14
15 For me, the greatest benefit of UEFI is that I no longer have to deal
16 with GRUB.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
23 and I'm not sure about the the universe."
24 (Albert Einstein)