From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:54:34
1 Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 17/10/19 12:57, Dale wrote:
3 >> I couldn't figure out why cleaning out old cruft that shouldn't change
4 >> anything would trigger updates but it did. My mask file is short so
5 >> almost all changes were to the package.keyword file. I could understand
6 >> if I removed something and it wanted to downgrade packages but I
7 >> couldn't figure out why it was stopping it from upgrading.
8 > Old cruft. Does that include old versions of current packages? In that
9 > case, it's possible that stuff was still linked to it and that stuff
10 > needed to be upgraded before the cruft could be removed.
11 >
12 > Yes, I don't see why that should be the case, but it could ...
13 >
14 > Cheers,
15 > Wol
20 And that was the reason for my post.  Even eix said it would result in
21 no change yet it did.  Some entries I removed were even versions no
22 longer in the tree or installed yet it lead to updates when the entries
23 were removed.  Even now, it doesn't make sense.  It's not something I
24 would expect either.  In the past, I've cleaned out old cruft like that
25 and not have to update a single package.
26
27 Given that something weird is going on, I thought it worth mentioning
28 since something unexpected and weird is going on for the OP.  It may not
29 help but then again, it just might.
30
31 Strange things happen.
32