From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Blockers problem: no ebuilds to satisfy "media-libs/libpng:0/0="
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 22:32:58
1 On 04/13/2014 08:05 AM, Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > For the first time in years portage is driving me crazy. I'm trying to
3 > update my desktop after half a year in storage and coping with the Gnome
4 > 3.10 upgrade that I want to avoid because of systemd. And this is where
5 > it always gets stuck:
6 >
7 > | aldous ~ # emerge --keep-going --jobs=5 -DNuvta @world
8 > |
9 > | These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
10 > |
11 > | Calculating dependencies... done!
12 > |
13 > | emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "media-libs/libpng:0/0=".
14 ^
15 There are people here who understand this much better than I do, and
16 maybe you'll get a better reply tomorrow.
17
18 But, meanwhile, note the "=" at the end of the error message.
19
20 IIUC that means you're hitting a "sub-slot" problem (whatever that is).
21 You can google "gentoo sub-slots" and get a bunch of articles that will
22 help you sleep tonight while you wait for a better answer :)