From: Michal Halenka <michal.halenka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] automount USB
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:44:52
1 Hi
2
3 I am looking fow a way, how to automount USB disks (or CD) by normal
4 user. I find many ways (udev, hal, policykit, udisks, autofs), but I am
5 just ordinary user, so I don´t know which one is deprecated (hal?),
6 which one is easy to use, and so one. Can you pass me some
7 not-deprecated web page with manual, hoto realize this?
8
9 I would like to use something, which automatically mount PEN drives
10 (ext3,ntfs,fat,...) or CD, and which allow me to unmount it with simple
11 command without superuser permission. (I have root acess, but It's
12 annoying to use it every time)
13
14 The best would be to mount it into /media/LABEL.
15
16 Thanx a lot.