From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Creating virtual server using VirtualBox
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:18:02
1 On 09/06/2009 09:21 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > Hello Everyone,
3 >
4 > I am using my laptop to test virtualization before setting it up on the
5 > servers. I am familiar with vmware but since I am unable to get
6 > vmwre-server going on kernel 2.6.3r5, I am using virtualbox. My question
7 > is in terms of the "HardDisk" setting. The host has SATA hdd and I do
8 > not what the virtual machine to use IDE "hda". I tried:
9 >
10 > Enable Additional Controller
11 > -> "SCSI BusLogic"
12 > Attacments
13 > -> SCSI Port 0 lb1.vdi (Normal, 8.00GB)
14 >
15 > When trying to install the virtual machine I am seeing some partition
16 > creation issues etc...
17
18 I'm not clear about what you want to do, or why. Why shouldn't the guest
19 use IDE hda? Is it the IDE part or the hda part that you don't want?
20
21 Regarding the BusLogic adapter, do you know for certain that your guest
22 OS has the right drivers for that card?