From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] correct way for unmasking several packages
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:01:01
1 On 1/22/10, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm wondering which is the correct way for unmasking several
5 > depending packages when you want to unmask only want.
6 >
7 > Let me explain, I want to unmask xorg-server, and every time I try to
8 > update, it complains about one package, I unmask it, then it complains
9 > about other, and so on...
10 >
11 > so, is there a good/correct way for doing so?
12
13 You might want to try and emerge autounmask:
14
15 http://www.iml.ece.mcgill.ca/~stephan/autounmask
16
17 It's not necessarily the "right" way, and I don't use it, but
18 apparently some (many?) do.
21 Arttu V.