From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have no sound in my gentoo install.
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:55:29
1 Guillermo wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > Basically i have installed gentoo, but i don't have any type of sound,
5 > i installed pulseaudio and alsa but no one worked fine since i have no
6 > sound.
7 >
8 > Thanks for your help.
11 > .
15 In addition to what others mentioned, make sure you unmute ALL audio
16 devices in ALL software.  I use ALSA here but if I recall correctly, I
17 had to unmute three separate pieces of software to get sound working.
18 Also, adjust volume levels as well.  I think setting a value of half, 50
19 in most controls, will get you some sound.  Later you can come back and
20 adjust if needed.
21
22 Hope that helps.
23