From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conflict in update
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 18:32:30
1 On Saturday 25 April 2009 20:17:52 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
2 > On 25/04/09 Neil Bothwick said:
3 > > And remove poppler-bindings from world.
4 >
5 > Ok, and will prevent it from being considered during my next world update,
6 > as I understand it. Can you explain why that's a good thing?
7
8 No, it just takes it out of the world file and puts it back to what it really
9 is - a dependant package that it pulled in and used if and only if it is
10 needed.
11
12 You will not notice any difference in use, portage may well be in a position
13 to automatically fix problems like this in the future, and one day you might
14 find --depclean removing it when everything else using it is removed. What is
15 exactly the behaviour you want.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com