From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pocket sneaks back
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 20:08:01
1 On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 01:50:33PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > After the latest stable firefox upgrade to version 68.6 I again started
3 > seeing DNS queries for Pocket related domains. I found this in
4 > prefs.js:
5 >
6 > user_pref("browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.section.highlights.includePocket", true);
7 >
8 > I am not sure if this setting was new with this version or if firefox
9 > just started acting on it now, but in any case I am adding it to my
10 > user.js with a value of false, right now.
11
12 When you are on the home screen (about:home), there is a cogwhell on the top
13 right, leading you to the relevant section in Firefox’ settings. In there,
14 you get a checkmark to disable pocket on the home screen.
17 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
18 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
19
20 As long as cocoa grows on trees, I consider chocolate to be fruit.