From: Michael Moore <mikem.unet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vwmare-player block
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:57:39
1 On 12:40 Thu 13 Nov , Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:14:44AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >
5 > > Some of the testing ebuilds require a
6 > > later portage
7 >
8 > Why ?
9 >
10 > I'm running a mixed system here with sys-apps/portage-2.1.4.4 without
11 > any problem¹. What kind of changes in ebuilds explains the use of portage
12 > v2.2 ? Is there a caution somewhere ?
13
14 Yes, the caution will appear for a package that needs EAPI2. For example,
15 latest ebuild of smplayer(IIRC) and KDE-4 need it.
16
17 > I don't really like the idea of running a testing portage version on
18 > some systems.
19
20 Well, if you run a mixed system it should not be much trouble. Works
21 fine here, have been using it for a couple of weeks.
22
23 Also, the automatic block handling feature of the testing vesion is worth
24 trying.
28 Regards,
29 Michael Moore <mikem.unet(at)gmail.com>
30 About *NIX: If its not fun, why do it?